Sunday, April 15, 2012

Second Trapeze Lesson

I've been sucked into Sweepsland all week, but Friday night we went down to DC for our second trapeze class. It was our first full class--2 hours. We got 6 turns I think. Maybe 7. We did the knee hang, learned to do a back flip off the trapeze, and started practicing a new trick--the heels off. My first two practices with the heels off were fine, but when I went to catch--disaster. The first catch attempt, I just didn't do anything when it was time to release. The second catch attempt I did a back bend instead of just bending back my neck--and my heels ended up floating off the bar. Oops. I was a bit disappointed that I didn't catch. Hopefully next time. Ross did get caught--from the knee hang.

Our class was 830-1030. I think that's a bit late for us. I think we'd have a little more energy earlier in the day. We didn't get home until after midnight! The outdoor rig opens May 1st, so I think we'll schedule our next class after that. I think we'll also try another silks class.

I'm sore. We both are. We are bruised and scraped up, but that doesn't stop me from wanting more.....





No comments: