Thursday, July 29, 2010

White Eggplant and So Much More

I liked the way this eggplant looked like it was dripping, so that's why I chose it when I picked up my CSA produce today. That's Bailey in the background. As soon as I put it down to take a photo she snuggled up to it. We got a baker's dozen ears of corn (which I can't eat), potatoes, peaches, bell peppers, green beans, huge tomatoes, and plums. I'm so glad that I split this with someone. Tonight I put some corn, zucchini, and green beans into the freezer.

This week I used some squash to make koosa ablama (Lebanese stuffed squash.) It wasn't nearly as good as it is at Byblos, but Ross liked it. I think I'm going to use some of the potatoes in carne roja this weekend. And maybe we'll have some hash browns. Ross makes really good hash browns since he learned the most important ingredient is patience.

When searching the web for the Byblos website I found out that there is a Byblos in Baltimore! I think Ross and I are going to try it tomorrow. Man I miss Byblos.

No comments: