Sunday, November 29, 2009

Big Hands You Know You're the One

I have big hands: a large square palm and long slender fingers. I wear a size 8 surgical glove. In leather gloves I'm a at least a size 9. I have been looking for a new pair of leather gloves, but I have yet to find a pair that fits.

I can reach a full octave (or more) on the piano between my thumb and pinky, but sadly, I can't play the piano.

Today we went bowling. Trying to find a bowling ball is always fun. My thumb has a tendency to get stuck. If I pick out a 14 pound ball I can usually fit my fingers in, but I bowl even worse with a heavy ball. Maybe I should learn to palm it like the guys in the lane next to us were doing.

I'm not sure what my point is here. I guess I'm just whining, but I wish these manotas were good for something.

No comments: