Thursday, March 20, 2014

Shoe Dichotomy

I have a shoe obsession, yet I love being barefoot. I love sexy wedges, but don't wear mine much. I have nice tennies, but would much rather work out barefoot. I'm all for the barefoot shoe movement, and now I have a pair of my own thanks to some Amazon money (Thanks Ainsmar!).

I got a pair of Merrell Vapor Glove running shoes even though I never run. I wore them for the first time last week on an outing to Ikea and the outlet mall. I could feel rocks and stuff through the shoe, but I survived. After a few hours my feet were sore and my right ankle hurt. I was expecting some soreness as I got used to them. I've been wearing them since and I haven't had any problems. These shoes are so lightweight and comfortable that I forget I'm wearing them--and I don't automatically kick them off as soon as I enter the house--like I do with all my other shoes.

I know Ross would prefer it if I wore heels all the time, but these are so comfy!

No comments: