I finished another knitting project! I knitted up this hat/bonnet in just a couple of days. I thought this would be a really easy project, and the knitting part was. It was the rest. The hat is supposed to have a crocheted border, but I don't know how to crochet. I tried it, followed all the directions, but it didn't look anything like the picture. And this wasn't supposed to be a fancy border. It was just a single crochet. Well, I tried it twice and ripped it out twice. The tension was all wrong and it looked terrible. Then when it came to the lining my brain went on hiatus. I finally figured it out last night, but decided I was too tired to do it. So this afternoon I hand sewed in the lining. I didn't feel like fighting the sewing machine.
I like how it turned out. If I fold back the edges it looks like a pilgrim hat. I'm wearing the hat now, and it is definitely warm. I might make a scarf out of the same yarn.
I've already chosen a new project, and I have all the supplies, so I will get started on it very soon.