Sunday, May 15, 2011

Tuesday on Maui

Tuesday was a laid back day. We woke up around 6a and took a walk on the beach. On Maui Ross's bed time was 8p and we woke up around 6a. After our walk we went out for breakfast. We had heard of a really good place, but when we got there the line was out the door and there was a 45 minute wait. We decided to go somewhere else. Ross got an omelet and I got stuffed French toast. The toast had a layer of pineapple passion fruit cream cheese in the middle and was topped with cream, powdered sugar, and macadamia nuts. So yummy.

After breakfast we hung out on the beach for a couple of hours. Tejal and I chatted and Ross did some snorkeling. After we ate we headed into Lahaina for gelato. We walked around all the tourist shops and I found some really cool kimono bracelets. I annoyed the guy at the store because I recognized some of the other jewelry (people like to think they are the exclusive sellers, but sorry, I get around.) I looked up the bracelets online and discovered (not surprisingly) that they were way marked up. I'm going to see if maybe I can make the show in NYC in October and buy one there. I liked them that much.

Oh, and we saw the big Banyan tree in Lahaina. So very, very cool.

That is all one tree!
Even though we didn't do that much on Tuesday we were pooped.

No comments: