Sunday, July 22, 2007

Sunday Dinner


Well, today I managed to do a good workout, despite my soreness. This afternoon I wasted some of my life watching Jeepers Creepers. Wow. Bad movie--but what else is on TV on a Sunday afternoon? Now I've started dinner. Tonight's dinner is Chicken Tikka Masala. This recipe is adapted from one I found online. I usually serve it with some naan and brown bismati rice, but tonight we will have naan and some zuccchini.

Chicken Tikka Masala

1 c. yoghurt
2 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. cinnamon
2 tsp. cayenne pepper
2 tsp. freshly ground pepper
1 tbl. minced fresh ginger
3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into pieces

4 skewers

1 tbl. butter
1 clove garlic, minced
1 jalepeno pepper, finely sliced (i remove the seeds first)
2 tsp. ground cumin
2 tsp. paprika
1 8 oz. can tomato sauce
1 c. 1/2 and 1/2

1. In a large bowl combine yogurt, lemon juice (i always use lime), and spices. Stir in chicken and referigerate for one hour.
2. Preheat grill to high.
3. Thread chicken onto skewers. Don't squish chicken too close together, or it will take longer to cook. Discard marinade. Grill about 5 minutes each side.
4. Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat. Saute garlic and jalapeno for one minute. Season with cumin and paprika. Stir in tomato sauce and 1/2 and 1/2. Simmer on low heat until sauce thickens. Add grilled chicken and simmer another 10 minutes.

I usually start the sauce about the same time we start the grill to heat. That way the sauce has a while to cook and then when the meat is ready you just throw it in the sauce and cook it for a few more minutes.

We also managed to get to the library today, where I loaded up on stuff to read (from the picture book section of course.) I also picked up a knitting book. I have a knitting project that I need to work on, but I keep avoiding it.
Oh boy, Double Impact with Jean Claude Van Damme is on!!!!!!

No comments: