Thursday, April 16, 2015

Las Vegas 2015: Cirque du Soleil Ka

I definitely wanted to see a Cirque du Soleil show in Las Vegas. My mom chose Ka. We all loved it. The stage is an engineering and visual marvel. It rotates, goes up and down, and tilts almost upright (all while weighing about as much as a fully loaded 747.) The whole show was magnificent. I especially enjoyed the part where the female twin performed with her boyfriend in a kind of silks act. At one point he was in an iron cross with her hanging from his neck. Talk about strength! The whole cast is incredibly talented.


Here are the performers in a battle scene--the stage is almost upright and they are suspended by wires. At one point I was so into it that when one of the clowns slipped down the stage I was actually scared for him!

Ka was the best part of our trip to Vegas.

No comments: