Thursday, July 31, 2014

Kinky Boots!

After resting our tired feet in Times Square we walked to the Hirschfeld Theater to see Kinky Boots. I chose this show because Cyndi Lauper wrote the music and lyrics and it sounded like it might be funny. I was hoping it would be a show all three of us could enjoy.

Wow. Kinky Boots blew us all away. Everything about the show was outstanding. The music, the singing, the acting, the story, the costumes, the choreography, the dancing, the transitions, the set design, all of it.

At almost every show I go to I find myself watching what is going on in the wings or behind the scenes. Not this time. It was so engaging, and the transitions (with the set) were so seamless, I hardly noticed them.

I was surprised how much my dad liked the show. He even bought the cd afterward. We were all really sad that Ross wasn't there to enjoy the show with us. We sent him a post card. My parents said I chose well. We all loved the show.

No comments: