Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Animal World and Snake Farm Zoo--Again

Yeah, I've been a total slacker about posting this month. I'm going to try and catch up over the next week.

So my parents came to visit and we went to New Braunfels to see the Animal World and Snake Farm Zoo. My favorite part this time was feeding two cavies by hand.
This is a cavy. I imagine that the billybumbler in Stephen King's Dark Tower series looks something like this.

And here is one of the lions. The lions have really grown since we last saw them in February.

It was a hot day, and most of the animals were laying around, conserving energy. Ross spent a long time talking with the owner. He has some really big plans for the place. They are getting a wolf cub, and servals. And I think maybe another kind of big cat too. I can't remember. Update on Princess: she was sent away to a breeding program, and was supposed to come back. Well, Princess found a boyfriend. (She was only supposed to encourage another female to mate with the male.)  So she's moved in with her boyfriend and won't be back. I'll miss her, but I'm glad she found love.

No comments: