Tuesday, August 13, 2013

First Bake: Lemon Cake

Two and a half weeks ago my mom's new oven/stove was delivered.  My mom hasn't had a proper oven for at least 5 years.  My dad and I followed the instructions and burned it in--getting rid of all the greases and chemicals inside.  My parents used the stove top----6 burners!  But we didn't use the oven.  I kept saying I was going to make scones, but didn't.  Then I decided I wanted to make lemon cake.  I had seen a recipe in my mom's recipe notebook.  So lemon cake was the first thing baked in my mom's oven.


The cake was very dense and moist.  I need to get the recipe from her and see if it makes good cupcakes too (I can remember most of it, but I'm not sure about the leavening).  I made a small batch of frosting to go between the layers.....just butter, lemon juice, lemon zest, and powdered sugar.

No comments: