Saturday, July 6, 2013

Catching Up

I have been bad about blogging lately, and there are so many things that I wanted to blog about.  I'm just going to post a list here of things that have been going on lately that I didn't blog about.  Then hopefully I'll start posting again regularly.

  • I flew to El Paso in May to help my mom celebrate her 60th birthday. I treated her to a mani-pedi and Chinese foot massage.
  • We went tubing on the Comal River in San Marcos with our buddies Richard and Monica.  It was fun, and the float was a lot shorter than the one we did on the Guadalupe a couple of years ago.
  • My phone became possessed and I joined the smart phone revolution.  I'm liking the new phone and all the apps and everything, but first I had to find an affordable plan.  Other downside: this thing is tremendously high maintenance.  I always have to make sure to charge it and for some reason the Media Server drains the battery, so I have to check it for that and reboot it if that is happening.
  • Laura and Kitson came up to Austin for UT orientation.  We got to see them a little bit.  The whole family will be here in August to move Kitson here.
  • Bailey is now 14!
  • I've been taking watercolor classes.  My last class is this coming Thursday.  I need to work on my final project painting and post photos here of my creations.
  • We went up to DFW to visit Tejal and get Ross's grill. We had dinner at Del Frisco's and we had the lemon cake (of course.)
  • We don't currently have internet--I am posting this from the library.
  • It has been super hot here. Any time outside and I feel completely drained. 
  • And the big one: we bought a house.  I didn't want to post about it until it was really final.  We took possession May 31st.  That's why we went to go get Ross's grill and why we don't have internet.  We just haven't set up internet, and now Ross finally has a place for his grill.
  • We saw Superman on July 4th.  We weren't impressed.
  • After scouring resale shops and Craig's list we have a dresser, a bunch of shelves, a new tv stand, and a steel case desk. Now I just need to find a chair for my desk and a sofa.

No comments: