Monday, June 10, 2013

Summer Socks

I have a new acupuncturist.  Her name is Kristin and she is awesome.  She is my acupuncturist/Chinese medicine doctor/wu wu doctor/therapist.   She is going away for the Summer, so I decided to give her some going-away presents.  I gave her some sunscreen, some Dr. Burts, and a pair of socks.

I knit up these socks in exactly 2 weeks.  It took me 3 tries just to get started.  The tops have a lacy pattern and the bottoms and toes are solid.  I'm not as excited about the yarn/yarn color as I am about the pattern.  I think I'll make these again--maybe some for me and some for my mom---but in a different color.  They fit Kristin, and she loved them, that's all that really matters.
They look really floppy.  I told her they would probably be better after a run through the washer and dryer.  I finished them the morning I gave them to her.  I really didn't have time to wash them.
 Lacy pattern on top....
The color change/striping pattern didn't line up exactly, but I never intended it to.

No comments: