Monday, November 7, 2011

Boot Socks for Ross

It took me about 3 weeks to knit these boot socks for Ross. The idea is that he can wear them with his snowboard boots. He likes them. 

I pretty much improvised the pattern. I cast on 20 stitches using Judy's Cast on and then increased to 40. I knit them with a 3x2 rib and increased on the sides (to 5x3) for the calf. The heel is a short row heel. I don't know if I did it correctly, but it looks okay. I used Jen's super stretchy bind off. Now I'm working on reinforcing the toes, heels, and feet. He can't wear them at all until I do that because he can wear out the toe of a sock the first time he wears it. 

The socks look ridiculous off. They look like they are made for someone with a very skinny leg.

I've decided that I really like knitting two at a time toe up. Ross was able to try the socks on as I knitted them and both socks were done at the same time. If I did it over again I'd make the maroon stripes a little thicker. other than that, I think they turned out well.



2 comments:

Nicole said...

Nice! You even got the lines to line up. If I made socks, there would be no way they would look like a matching set. You are a sock-knitting master!

Disobedient Tiger said...

they are freaking awesome! can't wait to try 'em out on the slopes.