Monday, November 7, 2011

Boot Socks for Ross

It took me about 3 weeks to knit these boot socks for Ross. The idea is that he can wear them with his snowboard boots. He likes them. 

I pretty much improvised the pattern. I cast on 20 stitches using Judy's Cast on and then increased to 40. I knit them with a 3x2 rib and increased on the sides (to 5x3) for the calf. The heel is a short row heel. I don't know if I did it correctly, but it looks okay. I used Jen's super stretchy bind off. Now I'm working on reinforcing the toes, heels, and feet. He can't wear them at all until I do that because he can wear out the toe of a sock the first time he wears it. 

The socks look ridiculous off. They look like they are made for someone with a very skinny leg.

I've decided that I really like knitting two at a time toe up. Ross was able to try the socks on as I knitted them and both socks were done at the same time. If I did it over again I'd make the maroon stripes a little thicker. other than that, I think they turned out well.



3 comments:

Nicole said...

Nice! You even got the lines to line up. If I made socks, there would be no way they would look like a matching set. You are a sock-knitting master!

Disobedient Tiger said...

they are freaking awesome! can't wait to try 'em out on the slopes.

Anonymous said...

The keyword of our knit product is “quality”, and only the products that pass the most stringent tests are worthy of the name Yhao. A project born in a temple, and now has become the temple of quality! wholesale lace boot socks