2 1/2 c. warm soy milk or rice dream
1/4 c. finely minced candied ginger
2 Tbl. sugar
1 tsp. dry yeast
1 1/2 c. flour
1 c. buckwheat flour
2 tsp. nutmeg
1 c. old fashioned oats
1 tsp. salt
6 large egg whites, beaten to blend
6 Tbl. butter, melted
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. vanilla
1. Mix first 4 ingredients in bowl to blend.
2. Let mixture proof 10 minutes.
3. Mix dry ingredients together.
4. Add dry ingredients to yeast mixture and stir to blend.
5. Chill mixture one hour or overnight.
6. Mix egg whites, butter, baking powder, and vanilla into chilled mixture.
7. Cook waffles in waffle iron.
Serve waffles with yoghurt, honey, and bananas.