No Bake Key Lime Cheesecake
1 8 oz. package cream cheese
1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
12 oz. cool whip
1 c. fresh lime juice
Crust (recipe from the back of the box)
1 1/4 c. graham cracker crumbs
1/4 c. sugar
5 Tbl. melted butter
1. For the crust: Mix crust ingredients in a small bowl. Dump crumbs into a 9 inch pie pan and spread them out--pressing them down with the back of a spoon. Chill crust 10 minutes before filling.
2. For the filling: First juice the limes. I actually juiced key limes because I didn't find the key lime juice bottled at the store.
3. Combine the cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, and whipped topping in a large bowl.
4. Stir in the lime juice until well blended.
5. Immediately pour filling into graham cracker crust.
6. Chill 2 hours or over night.
7. Nom. Nom. Nom.
Okay, the second photo shows two different cans of sweetened condensed milk. If you let the stuff sit on the shelf for a few years it darkens and thickens up. Yummy. But I let the one on the right sit too long (exp. 2001) and it smelled a little cheesy, so I used a brand new can.
A special shout out to Carole A. Resnick who submitted this recipe to that website oh so long ago.