Saturday, May 29, 2010

Scrap Dish Rag

Ross and I were talking about how he doesn't like to use sponges when washing the dishes. He commented that he actually likes the idea of dish rags. I told him I could knit one up for him. Using the scraps from his hat and a pair of socks I made I made a rectangular shaped dish rag (in less than 24 hours!) It is a pretty nice dish rag--both scraps are cashmerino.
Yesterday I also got back to work on the pair of shorts that I started knitting more than 2 years ago. The pattern is really lame and for the right side of the shorts instructs: "Work as for left side, reversing all shaping." Gee thanks! I wrote up the pattern for the left side and I'm hoping to get some work done on those shorts really soon. I know they probably won't fit when I'm done, but oh well. I'll just wear them around the house.


1 comment:

Team Serrins Springfield said...

I'm with Ross on that. I don't like to use a sponge because 1. it doesn't seem to be as scrubby as a dish cloth and 2. I don't like the idea of a sponge getting all yunky and germy whereas, I just toss the dish rag in the laundry every day or so. We crochet or knit ours out of whatever yarn we have on hand - frequently hemp.