Saturday, May 1, 2010

I'm Sick

Ross just came home with a bag of daytime and nighttime cough syrup, and a triple pack of tissues. We are both sick. This isn't the normal cold type thing that I get with the tickle in my nose, sneezing, and nose running. No, this started with my left nose (yes Ross, nostril) getting stuffy, progressed to a sore throat, and now I have a cough. A nasty, painful cough. I can feel the dang infection in my right lung. My right ribs feel like they are on fire. In the mornings I actually cough up grey-green phlegm, but the rest of the time I just hack and hack. It hurts. Can you tell that I've hit the whiny stage of my illness?

I'm a pretty highly functioning sick person. I'm managing to do the things I really need to do. I'm not stressed out (yet) about the major stressor in my life right now (which I don't really want to talk or think about). I'm just happy my brain hasn't turned to jelly and my I haven't actually coughed up a lung.

I'm glaring at Ross because he didn't get his prescription for the good stuff filled yet. Waaaaah.

No comments: