Friday, October 5, 2007

Bran Muffins


I wanted muffins for breakfast this weekend, but I wanted something other than the flax muffins. I found a recipe online and modified it. My modifications worked much better than my "changes" to the yellow cake recipe. I found another yellow cake recipe. Maybe I'll try it next week.



Ginger Oat Bran Muffins

1 c. all purpose flower
1 c. whole wheat flour
1 1/2 c. oat bran
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/3 c. brown sugar
3 Tbl. flax meal
1 Tbl. ginger
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 c. molasses
2 c. buttermilk
1 egg

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Butter muffin tins.
3. In a large bowl combine dry ingredients.
4. Stir in molasses, buttermilk and egg.
5. Spoon batter into muffin pans to fill to 2/3.
6. Bake for 20 mins.

This recipe amazingly made a full 24 muffins. I made half of the muffins with chocolate chips and the other half with raisins. I ate one right out of the oven with butter on top. Milk. Yummy.

No comments: