This losing weight thing isn't going so well. Yesterday I made pizza for dinner and had to fight the urge to eat more than my two allotted slices. The crust turned out really well this time. I left it a little sticky, so it was more fluffy than usual.
2 packages active dry yeast (16 g)
2 c. warm water
2 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. salt
2 Tbl. olive oil
2 1/2 c. whole wheat flour
2 1/2 c. all purpose flour
1. Proof yeast with water and sugar 10 minutes.
2. Stir in salt and oil.
3. Add flour, mixing after addition of each cup. Add up to 1 c. extra flour if dough is too sticky.
4. Kneed dough for 2-3 minutes.
5. Cover and let rise 1 hour.
6. Punch down dough and divide into thirds.
7. Roll dough out into round for pizza.
I make this pretty easy by doing it in the kitchen aid mixer with a dough hook. The extra dough can be frozen for future use ... defrost at room temp. The dough doesn't keep in the fridge....it will continue to rise.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Add whatever pizza sauce and toppings you'd like. Last night we used garlic/onion pasta sauce, oregano, turkey pepperoni, and lots of mozzerella cheese. Cook the pizza about 15 minutes, until cheese is melted and starts to brown. Yum.
Creamy Mole Chicken Soup
1 month ago