Monday, August 11, 2014

Mexican Rockets

I came across a recipe for Mexican chocolate fudge pops. It sounded easy enough, so I tried it out. Of course I have to tweak every recipe I try.

Mexican Chocolate Fudge Pops
2 cups 2% milk
1 cup Lyle's Golden Syrup (the recipe called for agave nectar, but I'm out)
1 teaspoon vanilla (preferably Mexican vanilla)
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
6 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
pinch of salt
Pasilla chile powder
Ancho chile powder
2 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped

1. Bring all ingredients except for semisweet chocolate to a simmer over medium heat, whisking to blend it all together. Give it a taste to see if it needs more heat or sugar.
2. After milk mixture is well blended add chopped semisweet chocolate and whisk until chocolate is melted.
3. Pour fudge mixture into pop molds.  The recipe says it makes 9. I made 9, but they were skimpy.
4. Freeze pops for a few hours before nom, nom, nomming them.

I have Pasilla and Ancho chile powder because that's what I make Dad's Mexican Sheet Cake with. You can just use any kind of chile powder. I probably put about a total of 3/4 teaspoon--you know I don't measure.

No comments: