Monday, August 11, 2014

Getting in Shape Update

Well, I've been hitting the DVDs and Yoga studio hard. Last week I completed 655 minutes of exercise. That's with one day off. I have now scheduled 2 days off each week and I'm hoping to complete at least 600 minutes each week. My new mantra is stick with it, and I have to remind myself of that constantly. Since I started working out I have only lost 1 pound, and I don't think I've lost anything in the waist. That's disappointing, but I have to be honest--I haven't been doing the best that I can in the eating department.  It is so hard for me to do both---eat right and exercise. One or the other, but both seems to be so difficult for me. I'm gonna stick with it though. I can tell my arms are getting stronger, and my forward-folding (hamstring) flexibility has improved.

I totally get winded during the Firm DVDs. I actually have to pause the DVD sometimes. Sometimes I'm out of breath, and sometimes it is mental. I just have to work up the motivation to do another set of leg presses. I've been doing the exercises with heavy weights, but I haven't moved up to 10 pounds on leg presses. Maybe next month. I've also added some of the hops, but I still nix the plyo. I just hate jumping.

I have weights and measures on Friday so I'm going to really concentrate on the food aspect. I don't have high hopes for the scale, but we'll see.

No comments: