Saturday, October 19, 2013

Florence Museums: Pitti Palace and The Borgello

Our second day in Florence it rained all day--so we hung out in museums.  I wanted to see Pitti Palace because I don't think I'd ever seen it before, and they were having a special exhibit showing impressionist paintings.  I only have a few photos.  We weren't allowed to take photos in most areas.

Pitti Palace was a fancy shmancy palace place.  Lots of things are covered with gold.  We saw luxurious apartments and Napoleon's bathroom. The tables were all inlaid wood or marble. I can't imagine what it would be like to live in a palace like that.

Pitti Palace also had many paintings on display.  It seemed there were a lot of paintings showing the temptation of St. Anthony.  The impressionist exhibit was small, but we both saw paintings we liked.

We get burned out in museums after a few hours, so we didn't look at the costume wing.  I wanted to see the attached Boboli gardens, but because of the rain we skipped them.
Ross in the courtyard of Pitti Palace.
Ganymede and the Eagle.
Florence Triumphs over Pisa.

3 comments:

Ainsmar said...

Oh look. It's Ross. Bleh.

Ainsmar said...

Ganymede. How appropriate, considering where you live and all. Might the Greece posts include some ties to Adelphi? :-p

Nicole said...

I'm the same way with museums. I can last for two, maybe three, hours tops. And then I'm over it.