Sunday, June 27, 2010

Waking the Dead is a Lot of Work!

I really like the BBC show Waking the Dead. It is like a mash up of CSI and Cold Case (but much better.) Each episode has two 50 minute parts. I happened to be watching PBS and saw that it was going to be on Friday night so I set the DVR to record it. The show doesn't air on a regular basis and I've seen most of the episodes. Last night when I sat down to watch what I had recorded I was pleasantly surprised to see it was a new (to me) episode. Waking the Dead always has a decent plot. The plots are always complicated and twisted. In true foreign fashion they do not explain the plot at all. Between the two parts last night I had to write up a family tree/episode diagram to make sure I had it all straight! This show is a lot of brain work! I really prefer that to the typical (American) show that repeats and explains what is going on. I'm hoping for another episode next week.

No comments: