Saturday, June 26, 2010

I Went to a Picnic!

Today I volunteered at the Bladder Exstrophy and Epispadias Picnic. This means I had to get up early and drive 35 miles to Oregon Ridge Park. Families come from all over the country for this picnic each year. The children get to make friends and do fun activities, while the parents attend seminars about bladder exstrophy and epispadias.

I was the yellow group leader and led my group through a series of different activities.
My favorite two were the pipe cleaner station and the flubber station.
We made flower rings at the pipe cleaner station. I'm very impressed with my ring. Ross even wore it around for a while. At the flubber station we mixed together water, Elmer's glue, and borax. It made a kind of play dough slime.

After the picnic I went to Wegmans because it was very close to the park. I'd never been in Wegmans before. It was kind of half Central Market/half Tom Thumb. I went crazy and bought a bunch of stuff in the international section. We were also out of milk and soy milk, and the prices were decent, so I picked those up too. I don't think I'll be going back to Wegman's anytime soon, just because it is so far away. They are supposed to be building one close by. That will be nice--if it ever comes.

No comments: