We spent almost all day Saturday trying to dig up the two fenceposts from the old fence. The fenceposts are deep and have a huge amount of concrete around them. It's hard to dig around them because they are so close to the wood fence. We managed to dig up the plants, move in some dirt and level off some areas. On Sunday morning I spent about an hour digging around one of the fenceposts. I was really sad that we hadn't gotten it out on Saturday. Somehow, someway, Ross got it out. After that I filled in the hole (it took a LOT of dirt) and we laid the landscape fabric over the area behind the patio. It took a few trips with the wheelbarrow to fill in the area with rock. So that area is complete. Woo hoo! It looks like we are finally getting somewhere. We continued laying the fabric, but ran out. It was starting to get windy and cold, so I decided to call it quits for the day. Ross is going to buy some more of the fabric on his way home from work today and we'll continue the process. If it warms up a little (currently 36) I'll work on digging around the other fencepost and maybe move some rock. It's laundry day, so I have plenty to do in the house. Also, I'm starting to really feel sore. I might just take it easy today until Ross gets home.
Super deep hole left after Ross pulled out the fencepost and concrete.
Fencepost and concrete that Ross pulled out.
Area behind patio with landscape fabric in place.
Area behind patio with rock put in.