Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Motivator

After finding out that Starbucks and CM pay 8$ an hour I decided to get back to trading. Nothing like the thought of minimum wage and cranky customers to motivate me to make trading work. So far, things are going really well. I've exceeded my daily goal every day for the last two weeks. I've almost hit my goal for the month, and there are still 2 1/2 weeks of trading left. I like being able to sit around in my pjs until 3pm every day. I like being able to take breaks and get stuff done around the house whenever I want. Although, it's kind of stressful to be taking a piss when the alert alarms start ding ding dinging....
Like any other job, I have to get up and do it every day. The success will be in the persistence and constancy. I still don't like losing, but I'm trying to get the lesson into my head that sometimes it's better to cut an run than wait it out....that's what got me into so much trouble this summer. I have to have patience and a plan. I have to remember not to get greedy (like Martin Prince). I need to think about those cranky customers (or patients) and be happy with every positive trade. Man, it hurts to lose money, but I can't win every time. I just have to win more than I lose.

No comments: