Thursday, April 28, 2011

Road Block

We had to stop at a road block near Marathon, TX on our way to Del Rio. The Big Bend Open Road Race was having qualifying runs. We were told it would only take 20 minutes, but it actually took about 45. My mom and I got out of the car to take pictures of the cacti and the cars. Luckily it wasn't too hot outside--and there was a breeze.
Marfa, TX and Marathon, TX are kind of frou-frou now. They are full of artist galleries and fancy eateries. I don't know why someone would want to go out to the middle of nowhere for that. I must admit I've always wanted to see the Marfa lights. One of these days I'll go check 'em out. I just hope that if I drive out to the middle of nowhere I actually see them. It would suck to go all that way and sit out there in the middle of the night and not see anything.

No comments: