Ciambella alla Menta
240g sugar (7/8 c. + 3 Tbl.)
150g butter--softened (10 Tbl.)
one bunch of mint--leaves sliced into thin strips--reserve some leaves for garnish
200g flour (1 3/4 c.)
butter and flour for the pan
1. Beat the butter with 200g (7/8 c. = 1 c. - 2 Tbl.) of sugar until well combined and fluffy.
2. Add mint, some grated lime peel, some lime juice, and 3 egg yolks.
3. Mix until well combined.
4. Add flour and mix well.
5. In a separate bowl beat egg whites with 40g (3 Tbl.) sugar and a pinch of salt until stiff peaks form.
6. Carefully fold egg whites into flour mixture.
7. Transfer batter into buttered and floured bundt pan.
8. Cook at 180 C (355 F) for about 45 minutes.
9. Turn out onto plate and dust with powdered sugar and garnish with mint leaves.
I cooked this yesterday at 325 F for about 55 minutes because I use a heavy, teflon-coated pan. I just noticed that the recipe calls for 3 eggs, but the how to photos show 4 eggs. I think it would turn out a little less dense with 4 eggs.