The other day I had a ten minute conversation about corn with my grandma. I didn't expound on my view about the corn conspiracy. I did learn that she got corn 5 for a dollar and used some to make calabacitas. I haven't had calabacitas in a long time and decided to make some today. I put extra chili powder to try and burn out this virus I picked up yesterday.
1 large onion--chopped
4-5 chopped garlic cloves
2 pounds meat cut into small pieces (I usually use beef)
2 pounds calabacitas, chopped (green squash or use zucchini)
1-2 cans of corn
1 can tomato sauce
salt and pepper
1. Saute onion until softened.
2. Add garlic.
3. Brown meat with garlic and onion.
4. Cover meat with water and bring to boil.
5. Reduce heat and simmer for 45 mins.
6. Add more water, corn, tomato sauce and chopped calabacitas.
7. Spice up the soup with some chili powder, comino, and salt and pepper to taste.
8. Boil soup another 25 minutes, or until squash is tender.
Creamy Mole Chicken Soup
3 months ago