Saturday, December 14, 2013

Watercolor 2

So yeah, I am alive, and I've actually been sort of busy. This month I have an unlimited pass to Yoga Yoga, and I've gone 8 times so far. I've also been working on my watercolor paintings. This session (each session is 5 weeks) I am taking watercolor 2. The class is pretty much the same, but we get more one on one attention.
We are supposed to complete 3 paintings. I have managed to complete 2 so far--with lots of work outside of class. I'll start on a third painting today or tomorrow. Monday is our last class. I doubt I will finish, but at least I finished two paintings and I really like them.
This first one is a recreation of a section of a neo-impressionist painting. I'm very happy with how it turned out.
This second one is a recreation of a photo that I took in the Vatican Museum. The windows were very old, with poured glass, so the buildings in the background were very distorted. This is the second attempt at this painting. It is amazing how much better it is than the first painting. I spent a very long time working on this one. I think it is actually frame-worthy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it is very much worth framing. you are doing great!
Mom

Ainsmar said...

Anonymous mom. That's great.

So much I have missed. This blog is great. I need to keep up. Those watercolor paintings are amazing. (You have been practicing) I would buy either of those right now.

Now to go grovel at the alter of Ross for missing his Birthday.