Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Book Review: Absurdistan by Gary Shteyngart

I wanted to get Super Sad True Love Story: A Novel from the library before we left for Texas so that I would have something to read on the plane. I wanted something funny. Despite what the computers said, the library didn't have it. They had Absurdistan, another book by the same author, so I took it. As I have mentioned before--I am a jew story magnet, so no surprise that the main character in the book is a Russian Jew.

This book is sad and funny. I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was the change of pace that I really needed after finishing The Dark Tower. Super Sad True Love Story is still on my reading list, along with Psychopath Test, but I need to read a book in Spanish now. I wonder if the library has anything. I don't think I'm up for Love in the Time of Cholera.

No comments: